Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we continually are vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume here!
Read the description below to see if it is a match for your skill set. If not consider applying to one of our other future rippler positions or join our email newsletter!
- Duty Location: Frederick, MD – CDMRP - Fort Detrick
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Security Level: A security clearance is not required to apply. Successful applicants, once hired, may be subject to a background investigation to obtain a ADP III clearance.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
- Citizenship: US citizenship required
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are accepting applications for future support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense. CDMRP originated in 1992 via a Congressional appropriation to foster novel approaches to biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders--the American public, the military, and Congress.
The Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense funds biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders – Congress, the American public and the military. CDMRP requires an experienced and cohesive team of scientists who can support all aspects of the grant execution and management process. Research includes breast, prostate, ovarian and lung cancer, defense health, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis complex, autism, psychological health/traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury research, bone marrow failure, multiple sclerosis medical imaging, medical informatics, behavioral health, medical simulators, mobile health applications, medical robotics, deployed health, and other medical research programs. CDMRP is responsible for planning, coordinating, integrating, programming, budgeting and executing these programs.
Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a future Program Management position with a background in science at our on-site team supporting CDMRP. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who gets the job done, can handle a wide range of support tasks, and enjoys the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
Preference will be given to individuals who are already performing these positions successfully. Job offer is contingent upon contract award.
What you will do:
- Provide program administration and management support by program planning, budgeting, and execution in accordance with established milestones
- Respond to taskers and other inquiries, develop efforts to evaluate efficacy and outcomes of research, assist in identifying research accomplishments, manage program announcement templates
- Contribute to high-level functioning within a government agency
- Interact professionally with government clients
- Think on your feet while mastering new tasks quickly and independent
- Completion of a Master's level degree (PhD preferred) in a biomedical scientific field
- At least 5 years of experience in both scientific and biomedical research program management fields is required
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders
- Must be onsite at customer location (Fort Detrick) during business hours and must work effectively in a team environment
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits (Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran);
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!