The Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense funds biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders – Congress, the American public and the military. CDMRP requires an experienced and cohesive team of Program Managers who can support all aspects of the grant execution and management process. Research includes breast, prostate, ovarian and lung cancer, defense health, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis complex, autism, psychological health/traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury research, bone marrow failure, multiple sclerosis medical imaging, medical informatics, behavioral health, medical simulators, mobile health applications, medical robotics, deployed health, and other medical research programs. The CDMRP is responsible for planning, coordinating, integrating, programming, budgeting and executing these programs.
Ripple Effect attracts high-achievers who consistently attain above-average results and take responsibility for solving problems. Our clients engage us because we bring intelligence, innovation, initiative, and impact to project management. We need self-starters who get the job done, who can handle a wide range of support tasks, and who enjoy the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
Apply if you’re looking for a job that delivers these opportunities:
- Contribute to high-level functioning within a government agency
- Interact professionally with government clients
- Think on your feet while mastering new tasks quickly and independently
Preference will be given to individuals who are already performing these positions successfully. Job offer is contingent upon contract award.
The Program Manager will provide program administration and management support by program planning, budgeting, and execution in accordance with established milestones. The Program Manager will respond to taskers and other inquiries, develop efforts to evaluate efficacy and outcomes of research, assist in identifying research accomplishments, manage program announcement templates. The Program Manager will also lead or participate on the research program's Integrated Program Team to support all aspects of the program life cycle and coordinate activities related to enhancing the rigor or preclinical research across the CDMRP award cycle.
- Completion of a Master's level degree (PhD preferred) in a biomedical scientific field
- 5-10 years of experience in both scientific and biomedical research program management fields is required
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders
- Must be onsite at customer location (Fort Detrick) during business hours and must work effectively in a team environment
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Retirement 401K program
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-Verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!