The Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense funds biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders – Congress, the American public and the military. CDMRP requires an experienced and cohesive team of Program Managers who can support all aspects of the grant execution and management process. Research includes breast, prostate, ovarian and lung cancer, defense health, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis complex, autism, psychological health/traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury research, bone marrow failure, multiple sclerosis medical imaging, medical informatics, behavioral health, medical simulators, mobile health applications, medical robotics, deployed health, and other medical research programs. The CDMRP is responsible for planning, coordinating, integrating, programming, budgeting and executing these programs.
Ripple Effect attracts high-achievers who consistently attain above-average results and take responsibility for solving problems. Our clients engage us because we bring intelligence, innovation, initiative, and impact to project management. We need self-starters who get the job done, who can handle a wide range of support tasks, and who enjoy the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
Apply if you’re looking for a job that delivers these opportunities:
- Contribute to high-level functioning within a government agency
- Interact professionally with government clients
- Think on your feet while mastering new tasks quickly and independently
Preference will be given to individuals who are already performing these positions successfully. Job offer is contingent upon contract award.
The Program Manager will provide program administration and management support by program planning, budgeting, and execution in accordance with established milestones. The Program Manager will respond to taskers and other inquiries, develop efforts to evaluate efficacy and outcomes of research, assist in identifying research accomplishments, manage program announcement templates. The Program Manager will also lead or participate on the research program's Integrated Program Team to support all aspects of the program life cycle and coordinate activities related to enhancing the rigor or preclinical research across the CDMRP award cycle.
- Completion of a Master's level degree (PhD preferred) in a biomedical scientific field
- 5-10 years of experience in both scientific and biomedical research program management fields is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Must be onsite at customer location (Fort Detrick) during business hours and must work effectively in a team environment
Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. offers a wide array of plans in its flexible benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family's needs.
Offerings within those programs may include:
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- 401k matching
Ripple Effect Communications participates in E-Verify
During Ripple Effect’s interview process, you may be asked to participate in an assessment. Assessment materials and results will be considered confidential and safeguarded in the same fashion as employment applications. We consider our assessments proprietary information and the form and/or content of the assessments may not be shared with others outside of Ripple Effect. Assessment instructions, links, topics, or any other information about the assessments may not be shared verbally or in writing with other individuals or posted to sites accessible by others. To learn more about how Ripple Effect will use your information, see our informed consent policy.