Science Policy Internship (Summer 2017)
Ripple Effect has an immediate opening for a summer science policy intern with a background in science to join our program management & policy team at our corporate headquarters.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect supports a variety of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect has an immediate opening for a summer science policy intern with a background in science to join our program management & policy team at our corporate headquarters. Ripple Effect is looking for future ripplers who have a passion for science policy. Our Internship Program offers an opportunity for interns to participate in training and develop critical job skills and experience; while work closely with Ripple Effect professionals to help our clients succeed.
What you will do:
- Explore, research, collect, and analyze policy information
- Summarize key findings based on research in a variety of formats (written, PowerPoint, data analysis)
- Update documentation or policy related information to support policy implementation efforts
- Evaluate how policies impact stakeholders and make recommendations
- Use qualitative and quantitative sources and methodologies to develop and test theories
- Master's Degree, PhD preferred in science
- Experience in biomedical health research or healthcare policy is a plus
- Strong research background
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Initiative, self-motivation, and resourcefulness
- Problem-solving skills
- Passion for their project and desire to learn new things
- Experience with Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2016
- Experience with cloud software, including SharePoint a plus
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification.
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!