Communications and Events Coordinator
Ripple Effect is seeking a full-time communications and events coordinator with experience in event planning, social media outreach and communications support to join our communications & outreach team at our corporate headquarters.
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: Travel required for to support events; Estimated 2-3 week long meetings per year in USA and local travel to client meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support of number of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is seeking a full-time communications and events coordinator with experience in event planning, social media outreach and communications support to join our communications & outreach team at our corporate headquarters. We need a well-rounded all-star who is analytically-minded, solution-oriented, and uses determination and creativity to solve client’s problems. A successful candidate will be comfortable learning new software and know how to harness technology to accomplish project goals.
What you will do:
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and conferences, audio/visual support, venue set-up, event website maintenance, and preparation of printed materials
- Manage online registration websites and produce reports
- Draft internal and external communications
- Manage client social media platforms
- Utilize evaluation software to produce PowerPoint reports
- Create marketing collateral for external audiences that communicate key messages
- Maintain and distribute agendas, official meeting minutes, tracking actions and other project coordination duties
- Bachelor’s degree in field of science, communications, or business
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Highly organized, efficient, extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, but know when to seek assistance
- Ability to work with multiple teams and maintain a positive attitude
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills, including professional emails
- Strong computer skills and intermediate MS Office abilities, including Microsoft Access
- Intermediate MS Outlook and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated experience managing social media communications and campaigns
- Ability to work productively in SharePoint to accomplish tasks; basic familiarity with SharePoint preferred prior to hire
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!