Grants Compliance Analyst - NIH
Ripple Effect has an opening for a Grants Compliance Analyst to join our science policy team. The ideal candidate will need to be able to prioritize multiple projects, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be an excellent communicator (written and oral), and have strong people skills.
- Duty Location: Bethesda, MD
- Position Information: Full-time, Permanent
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Level: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a background investigation and may have access to sensitive data.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Specifically, the Grants Compliance Analyst will provide support for the Division of Grants Compliance & Oversight (DGCO) within the Office of Extramural Research (OER) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Duties will include:
- Performs analysis for compliance cases, including collecting and analyzing data on funding history/current funding, audit findings, grant folder review, FAPIIS/SAM information, and other information as needed
- Tracks correspondence and cases to inform Director, DGCO, the status of milestones and deadlines
- Assists with the delinquent audit follow up initiative, assisting in the preparation of quarterly reports on the status of recipient delinquent in submitting single audit reports.
- Assists with the Special Council Review initiative, coordinating NIH-wide reporting of council review data.
- Assists with project analysis to assess an extended project period pilot
- Assists in evaluating compliance cases and applying the appropriate criteria (e.g., regulatory/policy requirement)
- Assists in responding to grants compliance inquiries submitted by the public and NIH staff.
- Participates in compliance monitoring activities including those related to clinical trial compliance
- Assists in the development of briefings, presentations, correspondence, spreadsheets, and reports
- Participates alongside DGCO senior staff as a member of a team on projects such as internal control reviews
- Uses eRA systems and tools, such as QVR and the Alert Module
- Assists the Director, DGCO, with special projects and initiative
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience delivering high quality products within project deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous experience with the NIH grants process and lifecycle preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail (e.g. grammar)
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!