Scientific Program Management Specialist
Ripple Effect is seeking a full-time Scientific Program Management Specialist with an understanding of NIH to work with the Office of Extramural Research (OER) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to support committee management needs. The ideal candidate for this position will have exceptional meeting management skills and experience writing meeting minutes.
- Duty Location: Bethesda, MD
- Position Information: Full-Time, Regular
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support the Office of Extramural Research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
he ideal candidate for this role has experience running multiple committee meetings and taking excellent meeting minutes, knowledge about NIH, and is highly motivated to take on challenges and find solutions. The Scientific Program Management Specialist will support the Office of Extramural Research by managing a wide variety of committees, including taking minutes and writing meeting summaries. Tasks will include:
- Managing and coordinating room reservations and Outlook calendar invitations for meetings
- Maintaining WebEx accounts and WebEx telecommunications during all meetings
- Providing set-up and technical support during meetings, including monitoring WebEx
- Sending out meeting agendas and meeting materials
- Maintaining the rosters of all committees, attendance lists, and other documentation
- Drafting meeting summaries and meeting minutes
- Maintaining SharePoint sites for each committee, including account access and materials posted
- Demonstrating working knowledge of statistical evaluation packages, Excel, and MS Office products
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's or higher preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with committee management and meeting facilitation
- Ability to collaborate with and support multiple stakeholders
- Excellent skills with technology platforms, including at least intermediate working ability with SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, and WebEx platforms
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle priorities, and take guidance from multiple task leads
- Experience with NIH and biomedical research
- Experience with managing many committee meetings at one time
- Experience taking meeting minutes and writing meeting summaries
- Previous experience with SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook and WebEx
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!