Director of Program Evaluation
Ripple Effect is seeking a full-time senior, director-level program evaluator with extensive experience identifying, developing, and leading program evaluation efforts for biomedical research and grant programs to join our on-site team supporting the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – CDMRP - Fort Detrick
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Successful applicants, once hired, may be subject to a background investigation to obtain a ADP III clearance.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel required.
- Citizenship: US citizenship required
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense. CDMRP originated in 1992 via a Congressional appropriation to foster novel approaches to biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders-the American public, the military, and Congress. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is seeking a full-time senior, director-level program evaluator with extensive experience identifying, developing, and leading program evaluation efforts for biomedical research and grant programs to join our on-site team supporting the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). A successful candidate will be a self-starter who get the job done, can handle a wide range of support tasks, and enjoys the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
What you will do:
- Set strategic direction for program evaluation activities
- Propose, lead, design, implement, and analyze program evaluation studies
- Interpret and report on the results of the studies
- Brief senior leadership on proven approaches and outcomes of studies
- Preparing narrative and graphic summary presentations of study results including summary spreadsheets and graphs
- Make recommendations for improvement resulting from the program evaluation studies
- Participating in program evaluation meetings
- Conduct research of program outcomes and effectiveness, as well as CDMRP-wide processes
- May review overall assignment of research portfolio codes and update coding guidelines to ensure consistency across research portfolios
- Completion of a Master's degree in a scientific, social science, or program evaluation field; PhD preferred
- 10+ years of program evaluation work experience, with at least some experience working with federal agencies in program evaluation
- Desired knowledge of public health, science, and/or science management and experience in identifying and assessing issues to enhance the effectiveness of biomedical health research programs
- Proven track record of leading, designing, and implementing program evaluation studies
- Hands-on experience with collection, management, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data
- Broad range of research and/or evaluation methodologies, including process and outcome evaluations
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis and statistical experience
- Proficiency in data analysis software such as SAS, STATA, or SPSS
- Proven experience in survey design, development, administration, and analysis
- Track record of published research/evaluation reports
- Experience leading an evaluation team and delegating tasks
- Experience gathering OMB and IRB clearances
- Ability to communicate results simply and effectively
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Proven skills in working independently and as part of a team, including leading teams to accomplish tasks
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Intermediate skill sets in Excel and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!