Talent Acquisition Specialist
Ripple Effect has an immediate opening for a full-time recruiting specialist focused on attracting talent for a variety of positions with a demonstrated record of success managing the full recruitment life cycle to join our human resources team at our corporate headquarters.
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Level: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support our recruitment efforts for staff that support government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect has an immediate opening for a full-time recruiting specialist focused on attracting talent for a variety of positions with a demonstrated record of success managing the full recruitment life cycle to join our human resources team at our corporate headquarters. This position is ideally suited for a self-motivated, detail-oriented person with the ability to shift priorities and function effectively in a dynamic fast paced work culture. A successful candidate can demonstrate the ability to harness technology and innovative approaches to recruitment.
What you will do:
- Partner with hiring manager to determine current and longer-term staffing needs
- Manage internal process including: job requisition, drafting of position descriptions, posting of positions, screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Screen resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers approved employment offers
- Provide weekly updates to senior leadership on the status of recruitment and hiring and identifies positions that require additional attention or recruitment support
- Use traditional and nontraditional approaches, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, social media etc., to identify and attract quality candidates
- Maintain a knowledge base of recruitment related information for hiring managers such as interview questions, assessments, position descriptions, recruitment sources, and job posting websites
- Develop advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates
- Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process to ensure positions are filled in a timely manner
- Communicate important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, non-disclosure agreements)
- Work with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance
- Manage current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Manage application/resume file and retention according to company policy
- Monitor key hiring metrics and make recommendations to drive process efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years recruiting experience for a government contractor, science experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and labor laws and OFCCP and EEO compliance
- Experience with applicant tracking systems required, Workable experience a plus
- Experience using a variety of online recruitment tools, social media, and online advertising preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and both oral and written communication skills
- Clear understanding of the recruitment life cycle processes
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office Products is preferred
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!