Portfolio Manager (Vaccines and Pharmaceutics)
Ripple Effect is seeking several full-time portfolio managers with experience in the areas of microbiology, vaccinology, immunology, and infectious diseases with significant experience and familiarity in either working with or dealing with the U.S. FDA and associated regulatory issues to join our on-site team supporting the Military Infectious Diseases Research Program (MIDRP).
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – MIDRP - Fort Detrick
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Vacancies: 3 Openings
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Successful applicants, once hired, may be subject to a background investigation to obtain a ADP III clearance.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel required.
- Citizenship: US citizenship required
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support the Military Infectious Diseases Research Program (MIDRP) within the Department of Defense. MIDRP supports research and development leading to the fielding of effective, improved means of bacterial, parasitic and viral infection prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment to maintain maximal global operational capability with minimal morbidity and mortality. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is seeking several full-time portfolio managers with experience in the areas of microbiology, vaccinology, immunology, and infectious diseases with significant experience and familiarity in either working with or dealing with the U.S. FDA and associated regulatory issues to join our on-site team supporting the Military Infectious Diseases Research Program (MIDRP). A successful candidate will be a self-starter who get the job done, can handle a wide range of support tasks, and enjoys the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
What you will do:
- Support in-house program management staff in the development of Program objectives and priorities
- Manage and allocate research funds for research laboratories and activities
- Provide means for external and internal review and monitor of research plans, activities and accomplishments
- Respond to taskings and requests from higher headquarters and oversight agencies regarding MIDRP activities
- Provide qualitative and quantitative information and recommendations to assist the management in the planning and direction, as well as improving the efficiency, effectiveness and productivity, of MIDRP.
- Coordinate the development of program solicitations, requests for and reviews of pre-proposals and proposals
- Assist in preparation and staffing of documentation required to compete contract/grant awards
- Review contract/grant reports in order to provide assessments of key accomplishments and their impact on programs. Maintain historical record of issues and their resolutions
- Collect, organize, and analyze programmatic planning and execution data provided by Program managers, project and product managers, science and technology coordinators, Contracting Officer's Representatives (CORs) and peer review contractors;
- Develop Science and Technology Objective packages and support accepted programs
- Support periodic Science and Technology Reviews across the entire scope of the tech-base program for varied audiences such as staff principals and the Armed Services Biomedical Research Evaluation and Management (ASBREM) Committee, its associated Joint Technology Coordinating Group (JTCG-2) and any other ASBREM components such as the Needs Integration Subcommittee (NIS). This also includes support for the Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) – Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (ASAALT) Reviews and Defense Health Agency;
- Provide programmatic, technical, administrative, and analytical support for capability area managers, steering committees, and MIDRP -supported Integrated Product Teams (IPTs). This work may include, but will not be limited to, independent analyses of acquisition strategies, In Process Review (IPR) recommendations, Milestone decision documents, capability documents, etc. Technical Data Packages may address any potential products or concepts identified within the program areas. Prepare working notes, reports, summaries, analyses, and briefing materials as required by the project
- Establish and maintain Program/Project Files and Databases on MIDRP common drive and website
- Develop reports, summaries, information papers and/or briefing materials to respond to programmatic information requests and inquiries from various audiences (examples: USAMRMC, MEDCOM, ASA(ALT), Department of the Army, ASBREM, Department of Defense, Congress, etc.
- Completion of a Master's level degree (PhD highly preferred) in a biomedical scientific field
- 5-10 years of experience in both scientific and biomedical research program management fields is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholder, including excellent command of the English language
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!