Junior Graphic / Digital Designer
Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple HQ
Position Information: Full-time
Vacancies: 1 Open Position
Security Level: Basic
Travel Required: None
Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
Project work will vary but tasks will fall under contracts with Federal government departments and agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Ripple Effect is accepting applications for an entry level graphic / digital designer who is well-rounded, creative, highly-organized, efficient, personable, and knowledgeable. Ability to work individually as well as in a team is required. Candidate will need a good work ethic to meet the demands of a fast-pace work environment.
The selected applicant may be asked to complete the following tasks:
- Design, code and modify website from layout to function
- Design web site wireframes and microsite structure
- Design web elements such as banners, icons, featured images etc.
- Develop and maintain visual identity standards for project-related brand libraries
- Create graphics repositories for blog posts and other digital media
- Complete video editing and production tasks
- Stylize Scientific Reports
- Develop a variety of communications collateral including PowerPoint presentations, infographics, fact sheets, program booklets, etc.
- Complete graphic design maintenance tasks (e.g. cropping photos, creating templates, vectorizing images)
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Advanced computer skills and experience in the following:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premier Pro required
- Adobe Captivate, and Articulate Storyline
- Knowledge or experience in the following programs:
- WordPress, Drupal
- Adobe After Effects, Fireworks and Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of design principles and typography
- Ability to conceptualize illustrations and information design and follow through to the finished
- Ability to provide an online portfolio or samples at the time of interview
- Advanced ability to search and navigate internet sites
- Highly organized, efficient, extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, and is comfortable seeking assistance
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills, including professional emails
- Demonstrated experience with digital and web design
- Ability to work productively in SharePoint to accomplish tasks
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!