Administrative Assistant (mid-level, temporary)
Ripple Effect has an opening for a temporary full-time administrative assistant with several years of administrative experience to join our program management & policy teams at our client site (NIH). The timeline for this temporary position is expected to be mid/late September through December 31, 2017.
- Duty Location: NIH Rockledge building
- Position Information: Temporary
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a background investigation and may have access to sensitive data.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support our recruitment efforts for staff that support government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect has an immediate opening for a full-time administrative assistant with several years of administrative experience to join our corporate support and program management & policy team at our client's work site (NIH). The Administrative Assistant will provide support to Division Directors and policy staff at NIH related to ensuring efficient office operations. The successful Administrative Assistant will communicate heavily via phone and email and ensure that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
What you will do:
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Communicate urgent topics, meetings and action items to Division Director(s) with simplified instructions and timelines
- Represent Office with poise and professionalism
Office Support Responsibilities
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications
- Assist the Director, Division Directors and staff in the day to day administrative operations within the Office of Policy for Extramural Research and Administration (OPERA)
- Schedule meetings and/or appointments for Division Directors and Analysts, including reserve and arrange conference rooms, conference lines and web conferences (GoToMeeting and WebEx)
- Assist Executive Assistant with managing Director’s daily schedule, including scheduling and maintaining appointments
- Prepare and organize meeting materials
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes (action items) at Division All Hands staff meetings and one-on-one meetings within Divisions
- Track status and follow-up on action items and monitor deadlines
- Obtain required information for conference attendance and submit attendance requests
- Register OPERA staff for meetings/conferences and/or training, as needed
- Work with Administrative Office (AO) to coordinate and finalize travel arrangements and reimbursement
- Prepare all paperwork needed in a travel package (Travel Request form, searching city-pair fare flights for cheapest airfare, booking airfare/hotel with OMEGA, cost comparison form and tax exemption forms, if applicable.
- Create and submit Travel Authorization in NBS Travel / CGE system for AO approval
- Prepare all paperwork needed to complete Travel Voucher for traveler reimbursement.
- Create and submit Travel Voucher in CGE system for AO approval and traveler reimbursement
- Provide IT assistance by submitting service tickets and following up on progress
- Other duties, as assigned
- Greet visitors and callers, manage inquiries, direct to appropriate Divisions and assist customers with the information needed for next steps
- Request and coordinate updates to Distribution Lists, Intranet Rosters and Groups in Global Directory
- Initiate and schedule telecommunications
- Collect and distribute incoming mail and fax correspondence appropriately
- Prepare packages for shipment via courier, overnight delivery and/or U.S. mail
- Mail newsletters, promotional materials, and other information
- Maintain Shared Calendars
- Track staff’s schedule and tour of duty (AWS, telework, PTO, etc.)
- Other duties, as assigned
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipate needed supplies;
- Prepare purchase request forms
- Place and expedite orders to maintain office supply inventory
- Verify receipt of supplies and reconcile orders upon arrival
- Keep supply closets orderly and organized
- Assist Administrative Office in locating equipment from current and former employees
- Keep equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures (service, acquisition and removal)
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Create electronic and physical files
- Organization of all filling cabinets
- Operate office technologies, including SharePoint, and any new technologies, as they are developed and implemented
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of administrative experience; more experience preferred
- Customer service attitude to present a positive and professional image to guests and visitors
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail (e.g. grammar)
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook and Excel) is preferred
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!