Science Policy Analyst
Ripple Effect is seeking two full-time Science Policy Analysts to join our Program Management and Policy team to work primarily on projects supporting the Office of Extramural Research (OER) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The ideal candidate should be familiar with biomedical research and the NIH grant process, organized and detail-oriented, and have a variety of skills outlined below to manage and implement policies.
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD
- Position Information: Full-Time, Regular
- Vacancies: 2 Openings
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position
Ripple Effect Communications provides professional consulting services to the Federal government in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing are the norm. For this position, we are looking for someone to support the Office of Extramural Research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This position may be located at our headquarters or on-site at NIH. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, comfortable learning new software, and have an understanding of biomedical research and policy. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working across multiple projects and knows how to harness technology to accomplish project goals. Those who thrive in this environment are collaborative individuals who enjoy learning new skills, coming up with creative solutions to problems, and utilizing clear and effective communication.
To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
The position is part of a team that supports NIH projects and clients. Support could include data analysis, policy research, analytical writing, project management, and policy implementation. As this position will involve close interaction with our clients, superior communication and organizational skills are required. A successful applicant should have a thorough understanding of NIH's mission, biomedical research, and science policy. A sampling of tasks may include:
- Writing and editing policy documents based on changing regulations and policies
- Supporting new policy implementation across internal NIH staff and the external community
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of policies and programs
- Facilitating meetings in support of NIH policies and systems
- Providing content and editorial support for briefings and notices
- Addressing technical issues with documents to ensure 508 compliance and consistency in many formats including HTML, .pdf and Word
- Preparing for and summarizing client communications and correspondence
- Tracking internal project functions, specifically the progress of tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters or Ph.D. in a scientific discipline (biomedical research or public health preferred)
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Understanding of biomedical research, NIH grants process, and science policy
- Ability to work across a variety of advanced technology platforms (e.g., SharePoint, MadCap Flare); Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with plain language and writing scientific content for a broad audience
- Strong analytical skills with quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and results, orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and flexible environment
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!