Administrative Assistant (Projects)
Ripple Effect has an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant with several years of administrative experience to join the corporate support and program management & policy teams at our corporate headquarters.
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a background investigation and may have access to sensitive data.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support internal project work and client project work for clients such as the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
The Administrative Assistant position is ideally suited for a detail-oriented person with a good grasp of technology. Specifically, this role will support the day-to-day activities and administration of corporate and client projects, including facilitating corporate meetings, and managing calendars and schedules to ensure that projects run smoothly. This position will also backup the entry-level Administrative Assistant role and other duties as assigned.
What you will do:
- Collect, organize, and track project information
- Develop agendas, meeting materials, presentations, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders
- Plan and organize company-wide events and activities
- Draft company-wide communications
- Take ownership of calendar management for company executives
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures
- Seek out improvement opportunities and recommend action
- Attend and write meeting minutes for various internal meetings
- Use SharePoint and other technologies to accomplish all tasks
- Plan and implement company-wide training
- Support programs to aid new hires and interns
- Maintain company peer-to-peer recognition system
- Monitor and recognize employee special dates (birthday’s and work anniversaries)
- Maintain employee learning and development material via SharePoint
- Assist with planning company social events and engagement activities
- Updating SharePoint websites, e.g. checking external links, curating documents, inputting new hires, etc.
- Tracking new employee documentation (e.g. travel forms, equipment forms, etc.)
- Coordinating with IT team to ensure access to corporate intranets and project web sites
- Scheduling and logistics for project team activities (e.g. quarterly lunches, professional development seminars, recognition for birthdays/work anniversaries, etc.)
- Preparing draft candidate packets for client presentations
- Editing and filing electronic documents
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with external clients, high-level senior management, and staff
- Proven skills in working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Excel are a plus
- Customer service attitude to present a positive and professional image to guests and visitors
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!