Junior Instructional Designer
Ripple Effect is seeking a full-time Junior Instructional Designer with an understanding of NIH to work within the Office of Extramural Research (OER) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Duty Location: Bethesda, MD
- Position Information: Full-Time, Regular
- Vacancies: 1 Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support the Office of Extramural Research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
The ideal candidate for this role has an understanding of instructional design, knowledge about NIH, and is highly motivated to take on challenges and evaluate the effectiveness of their solutions. The Junior Instructional Designer will work alongside NIH staff to design and develop training modules and program evaluations. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner, including the following tasks:
- Assist with program development for NIH’s Extramural Staff Training Office (ESTO) with guidance and on-the-job training from NIH staff
- Assist NIH staff with the evaluation of program strategy and program execution with regards to monitoring, learning, and evaluation (MLE)
- Draft and/or revise both new and established learning modules
- Train others on how to deliver learning materials
- Support NIH staff on projects that require quantitative and qualitative skills to inform ESTO strategies, performance objectives, and program results
- Draft analyses and create talking points about complex data-related issues to help communicate results to internal colleagues and external clients
- Demonstrate working knowledge of statistical evaluation packages, Excel, and MS Office products
- Bachelor’s degree required. Certification or academic degree in ID preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including some experience with content development across multiple platforms and/or on-the-job use of leading ID technologies
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle priorities, and take guidance from multiple task leads
- Understanding of NIH and biomedical research
- Experience meeting needs of evolving organization
- Possess interdisciplinary knowledge, cross-cultural competency, and commitment and passion for learning and technology
- Knowledge of course development software and/or Learning Management Systems
- Ability to draft instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts
- Training or experience with statistical and evaluation skills and the ability to draft analyses to present to multiple audiences
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!