Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we are continually vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve by submitting your resume here!
Read the description below to see if it is a match for your skill set. If not consider applying to one of our other future rippler positions or join our email newsletter!
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Security Level: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support a of number of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a future Communications Specialist who is well-rounded, creative, highly-organized, efficient, personable, and knowledgeable individual. Ability to work individually as well as in a team is required. The candidate will need a good work ethic to meet the demands of a fast-pace work environment.
Communications projects may include:
- Implementing the strategic communication priorities of clients as assigned by Communications Director
- Developing strategic communications plans
- Drafting news articles, press releases, and technical reports
- Managing and writing content for web site
- Evaluating and implementing social media strategies
- Advising on website content organization and leading website content updates and changes
- Developing graphic style sheets for marketing materials
- Preparing highly graphical and interactive PowerPoint presentations
- Working with videographers to produce YouTube videos and Podcasts
- Writing and drafting scientifically literate blog posts
- Developing, integrating, and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations plans and measurable actions that enhance the organization’s vital mission
- Providing messages, brand discipline, and guidance to ensure that clients and/or projects are portrayed consistently and compellingly in media outlets, and in all material
- Analyzing, categorizing and synthesizing qualitative feedback on HHS guidelines, regulations, and policies
- Participating in and facilitating client meetings and workgroups as appropriate
- Managing project teams of communications specialists
- Bachelor’s degree in field of science, communications, or business
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Highly organized, efficient, and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, but know when to seek assistance
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills; including professional emails
- Strong computer skills and intermediate MS Office abilities; including Microsoft Access
- Intermediate MS Outlook and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated experience managing social media communications and campaigns
- Ability to work productively in SharePoint to accomplish tasks; basic familiarity with SharePoint preferred prior to hire
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!