Want to be a Future Rippler?
Ripple Effect is looking for Spring/Summer 2018 interns who have a passion for health, health care, or biomedical research. Consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume today!
Read the description below to see if it is a match for your skill set or join our email newsletter to get alerts for future job openings!
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Full and Part-Time Temporary
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect supports a variety of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is looking for future ripplers who have a passion for health, healthcare, or biomedical research. Our Internship Program offers an opportunity for interns to participate in training and develop critical job skills while working closely with Ripple Effect professionals to help our clients succeed. Internship opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Communications & Outreach: Ripple Effect provides full-service strategic communications support to our federal healthcare clients, encompassing strategic communications planning, digital media, graphic design and data visualization, writing and editing, and event planning. We specialize in providing targeted, impactful communications to the right people, the right way at the right time.
- Program Management & Public Policy: Ripple Effect works closely with our science and healthcare clients in the areas of policy development, project management, grant & program management, strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, and business process analysis. Recent NIH projects have included redesign of the application guide, development of web-based training modules for grants managers, and workforce analyses.
- Research & Evaluation: Ripple Effect conducts both qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation studies, with an emphasis on mixed methods. Our projects range from survey design and analysis to interview and focus group studies to the analysis of public comments. We specialize in translating our research and evaluation findings into actionable recommendations for leaders and policy makers.
Ripple Effect expects that interns will make meaningful contributions to at least one major project to which they are assigned. They will meet with their Ripple Effect supervisor on a regular basis and will work at our company headquarters in Rockville, MD. Assigned projects will be based on the skill and experience level of the applicant.
- Education levels may vary (High school degree to PhD)
- Experience in biomedical health research or healthcare policy is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Initiative, self-motivation, and resourcefulness
- Problem-solving skills
- Passion for their project and desire to learn new things
- Experience with Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2016
- Experience with cloud software, including SharePoint a plus
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification.
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits (Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran);
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!