Ripple Effect is seeking a top-notch Senior Advisor to perform a wide range of project and task management and other operations support activities. This is a high-visibility position working directly with a mix of high-profile stakeholders, including leading health care executives, top government officials, and other key members to help drive outcomes essential to transform our nation.
- Duty Location: Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Part-time
- Vacancies: Single Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position may require occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, the ideal candidate will need to be a skilled juggler of multiple projects, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be an excellent communicator (written and oral), and have strong people skills.
Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Specifically, the Senior Advisor will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, supporting, and advising on client support and project operations activities of Ripple Effect. This is a part-time on-call position that has the potential to transition into a part-time regular or full-time regular position in the future.
Responsibilities fall broadly under the following departments.
- Client Support: Service the client support teams by performing as an integral team member as needed in one or more of the divisions: Communications & Outreach, Science Programs, Science Policy, Research & Evaluation
- Project Support: Advise and liaise on project operations issues including Special Projects, Project Oversight, Project IT, Proposals & Contracts, External Marketing
- Workforce Support: Liaise on HR issues that interact with the Client and Project Support teams
- Corporate Support: Liaise on Finance and Infrastructure issues that interact with the Client and Project Support teams
What you will do:
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures
- Seek out process and project improvement opportunities and initiate action
- Provide training, explanation, or mentorship on government, technical, and corporate processes to program teams and individual staff
- Support business development activities, by taking lead role in writing proposal sections, conducting red team reviews, and preparing reference materials
- Act as a liaison between departments and with outside organizations and vendors
- Represent senior leadership in internal or external environments
- Perform support functions as needed to include meeting agendas and materials; facilitation and presentations, and manage development and delivery of reports and other deliverables
- Use SharePoint and other technologies to accomplish all tasks
- Master's degree or above in a health, public health, policy, or related discipline
- 10 years of relevant health care, research, or policy analysis experience
- At least 5 years of direct work experience with a health or research – focused federal agency
- Experience leading teams to deliver high quality products within project deadlines
- Proven project management experience with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Excellent organization skills with an emphasis on efficiency and attention to detail
- Ability to work productively in web-based environment, either independently or in teams, to accomplish tasks
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with external clients, high-level senior management, and staff
- Ability to clearly write and summarize complex information for high-level executives as well as lay audiences
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- PhD in a health, public health, policy, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in executive communications and operations
- Experience with business development and proposal writing
- Federal agency experience, specific to Ripple Effect’s primary clients (NIH, CMS, CDMRP)
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification.
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits (Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran);
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!