Healthcare Analyst (Short-Term, Remote)
Ripple Effect is seeking several full-time and part-time remote analysts to work on a temporary basis throughout the year to conduct qualitative analyses of public comments with our research & evaluation team.
- Duty Location: Remote (prefer candidates to be within driving distance of Ripple Effect Headquarters in Rockville, MD to attend occasional in-person meetings)
- Position Information: Full-Time Temporary and Part-Time Temporary
- Vacancies: Multiple Openings
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position may require occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
BackgroundRipple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for multiple individuals to support the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Throughout the year, CMS publishes notices of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) in the Federal Register, soliciting public comments on proposed policies via Regulations.gov and regular mail. Ripple Effect assists CMS in this process by reading, parsing, coding, and analyzing these public comments within a web-based data system. Ripple Effect is seeking several full-time and part-time analysts to work on a temporary basis throughout the year to conduct qualitative analyses of public comments with our research & evaluation team. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand complex health care policies and will possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
What you will do:
- Conduct basic qualitative analyses under the guidance of a research lead
- Contribute to reports or briefs
- Research and understand health care policy
- Summarize complex health care policy information succinctly
- Master's degree or above in a health, public health, policy, law, or related discipline
- Some relevant health care, research, policy analysis, or qualitative analysis experience
- Strong organization skills with an emphasis on efficiency and attention to detail
- Ability to work productively in web-based environment to accomplish tasks
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, but know when to seek assistance
- Direct experience organizing, parsing, or coding public comments
- Direct experience analyzing primary or secondary qualitative data
- Demonstrated strength in written communication skills
- Ability to clearly write and summarize complex policy information
- Experience with MS Office, particularly Excel
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification.
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!