Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we continually are vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume here!
Read the description below to see if it is a match for your skill set. If not consider applying to one of our other future rippler positions or join our email newsletter!
- Duty Location: Usually Remote (Must be within driving distance of Ripple Effect Headquarters in Rockville, MD to attend occasional in-person meetings or training sessions).
- Position Information: Part-Time On Call and Temporary
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support a number of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
For these positions we are looking for individuals who are interested in part-time projects throughout the year to augment our core research & evaluation team and bring a variety of qualitative and quantitative skills to the table. A successful candidate will possess strong analysis and critical thinking skills.
What you will do (varies based on candidate's skill and project assignment):
- Assists with research and evaluation projects on science, biomedical research, or health care policy
- Conducts literature searches and reviews to provide background information for related project topics
- Collects and prepares data from surveys and administrative information systems
- Collects, analyzes, and synthesizes qualitative data (focus groups, interviews, mass media)
- Performs basic quantitative analysis
- Prepares written PowerPoint briefings, research reports, and other documents
- Participates or facilitates workgroups as appropriate
- Prepares for and summarizes client communications and correspondence
- Tracks internal project functions, specifically the progress of tasks
- Presents findings and manages client meetings, when appropriate
- Masters or PhD in a health-related discipline (e.g. biomedical research, public health, psychology)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in science and/or public health policy
- Experience with qualitative or quantitative analysis required (preferably both)
- Highly organized, efficient, extremely detail-oriented
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, but know when to seek assistance
- Direct experience with primary or secondary quantitative or qualitative research
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work productively in web-based environment to accomplish tasks
- Experience with MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Ability to clearly write and summarize complex policy information
- Demonstrated solid methodological approaches
- Experience with quantitative (SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.) or qualitative software (NVivo, ATLAS.ti, Dedoose)
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!