The Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense funds biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders – Congress, the American public and the military. CDMRP requires senior and junior level Program Evaluators who can provide scientific rigor for their program evaluation and coding needs. Program evaluators will be responsible for identifying, developing, leading, and conducting program evaluation efforts at CDMRP. They will analyze data, prepare reports, and brief leadership on outcomes of these studies. These projects may involve evaluation of research program outcomes and effectiveness, as well as evaluation of CDMRP-wide processes. Program Evaluators may also review the overall assignment of research portfolio codes and update coding guidelines to ensure consistency across varying research portfolios.
Ripple Effect attracts high-achievers who consistently attain above-average results and take responsibility for solving problems. Our clients engage us because we bring intelligence, innovation, initiative, and impact to project management. We need self-starters who get the job done, who can handle a wide range of support tasks, and who enjoy the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
Apply if you’re looking for a job that delivers these opportunities:
- Contribute to high-level functioning within a government agency
- Interact professionally with government clients
- Think on your feet while mastering new tasks quickly and independently
Preference will be given to individuals who are already performing these positions successfully. Job offer is contingent upon contract award. We anticipate hiring Junior and Senior Evaluators with varying degrees of experience and responsibility.
Program Evaluator duties may include:
- Proposing, leading, designing, and implementing program evaluation studies and analyzing/interpreting the results of the studies
- Preparing graphic summary presentations of program evaluation study results including summary spreadsheets and graphs
- Making recommendations for improvement resulting from the program evaluation studies
- Participating in program evaluation meetings, writing minutes, and maintaining program evaluation calendar
- Assigning portfolio codes and updating coding guidelines
- Completion of bachelor's degree in a scientific or program evaluation field. Master's level degree or higher will be required for Senior Evaluators.
- Hands-on experience with collection, management, and analysis of data
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis and statistical experience
- Proven experience in survey design, development, administration, and evaluation
- Track record of published research/evaluation reports
- Broad range of research methodologies
- Ability to communicate results simply and effectively
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- 5-10 years of evaluation work experience
- Experience gathering OMB and IRB clearances
- Federal government program evaluation experience a plus
- Proven skills in working independently and as part of a team, including leading teams to accomplish tasks
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and Intermediate skill sets in Excel, and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
- Must be onsite at customer location (Fort Detrick) during business hours and must work effectively in a team environment
- Desired knowledge of public health, science and science management and experience in identifying and assessing issues to enhance the effectiveness of biomedical health research programs
- Desired experience leading, designing, and implementing program evaluation studies and analyzing and interpreting the results of those program evaluation studies
Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. offers a wide array of plans in its flexible benefits program with options that enable each employee to structure a benefits package tailored to meet his or her family's needs.
Offerings within those programs may include:
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- 401k matching
Ripple Effect Communications participates in E-Verify
During Ripple Effect’s interview process, you may be asked to participate in an assessment. Assessment materials and results will be considered confidential and safeguarded in the same fashion as employment applications. We consider our assessments proprietary information and the form and/or content of the assessments may not be shared with others outside of Ripple Effect. Assessment instructions, links, topics, or any other information about the assessments may not be shared verbally or in writing with other individuals or posted to sites accessible by others. To learn more about how Ripple Effect will use your information, see our informed consent policy.