Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we continually are vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume here!
Read the description below to see if it is a match for your skill set. If not consider applying to one of our other future rippler positions or join our email newsletter!
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Security Level: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are accepting applications to support a number of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a future Graphic Designer who is well-rounded, creative, highly-organized, efficient, personable, and knowledgeable individual. Ability to work individually as well as in a team is required. Candidate will need a good work ethic to meet the demands of a fast-pace work environment.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain visual identity standards for project related brands
- Stylize Scientific Reports
- Design web elements such as banners, icons, featured images etc.
- Develop a variety of communications collateral including PowerPoint presentations, infographics, fact sheets, program booklets, etc.
- Video editing and production tasks
- Create graphics repositories for blog posts and other digital media
- Graphics maintenance tasks (e.g. cropping photos, creating templates, vectorizing images)
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- At least 2 years of experience in the design field
- Advanced computer skills and experience in the following
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced use of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premier Pro required
- Expertise in Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Fireworks and Dreamweaver optional
- Knowledge of WordPress, MadCap Flare and VideoScribe a plus
- Knowledge of basic web design with awareness of HTML and CSS, optional
- Knowledge of design principles and typography
- Ability to conceptualize illustrations and information design and follow through to the finished
- Ability to provide an online portfolio or samples at the time of interview
- Advanced ability to search and navigate internet sites
- Highly organized, efficient, extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, and is comfortable seeking assistance
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills, including professional emails
- Demonstrated experience managing social media communications and campaigns
- Ability to work productively in SharePoint to accomplish tasks; basic familiarity with SharePoint preferred prior to hire
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!