Program Manager (Health/Biomedical Research)
Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we continually are vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume here!
Read the description below to see if it is a match for your skill set. If not, consider applying to one of our other future rippler positions or join our email newsletter!
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are looking for someone to support a number of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is seeking individuals who are interested in working full-time to support our clients in implementing initiatives, especially related to enhancement of the stewardship of grant funds. A successful candidate is a self-starter who gets the job done, can handle a wide range of support tasks, and can work with fast-paced programs and initiatives.
What you will do (varies based on candidate’s skill and project assignment):
- Work with client staff and stakeholders to develop detailed project plans with milestones and strategies to achieve program objectives
- Track the completion of action items to ensure they are delivered on-time and aligned with program objectives
- Ensure sufficient Ripple Effect and client resources are available to complete action items within time frames and identify areas of risk, with proposed solutions
- Coordinate the scheduling of high level strategic and tactical meetings with stakeholders
- Prepare meeting agendas, compose minutes, and track committee-related action items
- Keep department leaders and stakeholders informed of progress, action items, and key decisions
- Serve as the main point of contact regarding program direction and status for internal stakeholders
- Write and/or edit policy documents, reports, announcements, and other materials to support the program objectives
- Design and coordinate efficient mechanisms for information flow and/or streamlining processes related to project and program activities
- Work closely with senior leadership to provide program related support
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation in centralized repository
- Master’s degree (or above), biomedical science background preferred
- 3+ years progressive experience managing programs/projects supporting government agencies in the health arena, NIH or HHS experience preferred
- Have adept skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Possess excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Certification in Project Management desirable
- Highly organized, efficient, extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, but know when to seek assistance
- Ability to work with large teams of stakeholders and senior officials
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills, including professional emails
- Strong computer skills in Word, Outlook (scheduling), and Excel
- Have a working knowledge of program/project management software (specifically Microsoft Project) desired
- Ability to work productively in SharePoint to accomplish tasks; basic familiarity with SharePoint preferred prior to hire
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!