Administrative Support Specialist
Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we continually are vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume here!
Read the description below to see if it is a match for your skill set. If not consider applying to one of our other future rippler positions or join our email newsletter!
Please note, this is a general position description and specific details such as work location and job title may change depending on the actual position.
- Duty Location: Varies (D.C. Metro Area)
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position may require occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are accepting applications to support a number of government clients including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a future Administrative Support Specialist with experience in a wide range of administrative functions to join our corporate or off-site teams. We are looking for a motivated individual who is organized, detail-oriented, and a team player. A successful candidate will have great interpersonal skills, be comfortable learning new technology and can prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Schedule and organize meetings, company-wide events, training, travel, conferences and department activities
- Draft and edit SOPs to standardize and document processes
- Create and develop presentations and make recommendations for department
- Type general correspondences to all staff and create charts, tables, graphs, SharePoint lists, etc.
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar and layout; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy
- May sort and distribute mail, answer phone calls and review emails on behalf of a senior leader
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies and vendors
- Handle confidential and non-routine information; may provide training or explain processes
- Work autonomously and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as project manager for special projects that include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, and disseminating information and action items
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate to advance use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Ability to work productively in SharePoint to accomplish tasks; basic familiarity with SharePoint preferred prior to hire
- Highly organized, efficient, and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills; including professional emails
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits (Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran);
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our future rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!