Public Relations Specialist
Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we continually are vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume here!
- Duty Location: Frederick, MD – CDMRP - Fort Detrick
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Security Level: A security clearance is not required to apply. Successful applicants, once hired, may be subject to a background investigation to obtain a ADP III clearance.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
- Citizenship: US citizenship required
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are accepting applications for future support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense. CDMRP originated in 1992 via a Congressional appropriation to foster novel approaches to biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders--the American public, the military, and Congress.
The Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense funds biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders – Congress, the American public and the military. CDMRP requires an experienced and cohesive team of scientists who can support all aspects of the grant execution and management process. Research includes breast, prostate, ovarian and lung cancer, defense health, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis complex, autism, psychological health/traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury research, bone marrow failure, multiple sclerosis medical imaging, medical informatics, behavioral health, medical simulators, mobile health applications, medical robotics, deployed health, and other medical research programs. CDMRP is responsible for planning, coordinating, integrating, programming, budgeting and executing these programs.
Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a future Public Relations Specialist with experience supporting public relations at DoD or other Federal government organizations to join our on-site team supporting the CDMRP. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who gets the job done, can handle a wide range of support tasks, and enjoys the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
Preference will be given to individuals who are already performing these positions successfully. Job offer is contingent upon contract award.
What you will do:
- Review all content before releasing to the public to ensure compliance with Department of Defense, Army, Medical Command, and other policies governing the release of government information to the public
- Interact with senior organizational leaders and the general media regarding customer relations
- Develop and schedule social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Development and execution of annual organization-wide and program-specific public relations plans
- Identify news/internet articles related to the customer
- Collaborate with external stakeholders including public affairs offices, consumer organizations, and professional societies
- May participate in the development and maintenance of program-specific and organization-wide PR plans.
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Management, Science, or relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills; including professional emails
- Strong computer skills and intermediate MS Office abilities; including Microsoft Access
- Intermediate MS Outlook and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated experience managing social media communications and campaigns
- Ability to work productively in SharePoint to accomplish tasks; basic familiarity with SharePoint preferred prior to hire
- Experience in coordinating/working with public affairs offices in other government/federal agencies, advocacy organizations, professional associations, biotechnical industries, and educational institutions
- Knowledge of Army PAO/OPSEC regs and DoD, Army, MEDCOM, and CDMRP policies is highly desirable
- Experience in public relations in grant and/or biomedical research environment is desirable
- Public relations experience with any of the following content areas is desirable (breast, prostate, ovarian, and lung cancer, defense health, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis complex, autism, psychological health/traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury research, bone marrow failure, multiple sclerosis medical imaging, medical informatics, behavioral health, medical simulators, mobile health applications, medical robotics, deployed health, and other medical research programs)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, relying on your own resources and initiative
- Highly organized, efficient, and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, and is comfortable seeking assistance
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits (Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran);
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!