Science Policy Analyst (Junior / Senior)
Want to be a Future Rippler?
As we grow, we continually are vetting candidates so we can quickly hire when positions become available. If you don’t see any specific job openings that match what you are looking for, consider getting ahead of the curve and submitting your resume here!
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular
- Security Clearance: Basic
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a future Science Program and Policy Specialist (Junior / Senior), with experience in science policy to work with our Federal clients at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other health/science related agencies – someone who is solution-oriented and uses determination and creativity as a regular part of the tool kit. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working across multiple projects and knows how to harness technology to accomplish project goals. Those who thrive in this environment are collaborative individuals who enjoy learning new skills, coming up with creative solutions to problems, and utilizing clear and effective communication.
To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
The future position would become part of a project team that supports NIH projects and clients. Support could include data analysis, policy research, analytical writing, project management, and process improvement. As this position will involve close interaction with our clients, superior communication and organizational skills are required. Project duties may require assisting with researching guidance and regulations, drafting answers to questions from organizations and individuals participating in the programs, documenting decisions, helping groups and committees reach consensus, and working in a team. The successful applicant should have a thorough understanding of biomedical research and policy. A sampling of tasks may include:
- Writing and editing policy documents based on changing regulation and policy
- Supporting new policy implementation across internal NIH staff and the external community
- Preforming qualitative and quantitative analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of policies and programs
- Facilitating meetings in support of NIH policies and systems
- Collecting and preparing data from surveys and administrative information systems
- Providing content and editorial support for briefings and notices
- Conducting literature searches and review to provide background information for related project topics
- Preparing for and summarizing client communications and correspondence
- Tracking internal project functions, specifically the progress of tasks
- Addressing technical issues with documents to ensure 508 compliance and consistency in many formats including HTML, PDF and Word
- Other duties as assigned
- Hold a Ph.D. in a research related area (biomedical research or public health preferred)
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong analytical skills with quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and results, orally and in writing
- Excellent command of the English language
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- Life, long-term disability and other insurance products
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits (Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran);
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!