Scientific Project Manager
Ripple Effect is seeking a proactive and critical-thinking Scientific Project Manager to lead and support some of Ripple Effect’s client-site staffing contracts. This position may involve a combination of project management, staff supervision, and business development, working with a mix of clients, client-site staff, and corporate colleagues.
- Duty Location: Rockville, MD – Ripple Effect Headquarters
- Position Information: Full-Time, Permanent
- Vacancies: Single Opening
- Security Clearance: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position may require occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect is looking for someone with supervisory experience to work with our Federal clients in finding the right people for the right job, every time. The ideal candidate will be someone who is solution-oriented and uses determination and creativity as a regular part of the tool kit. We are looking for someone who is comfortable learning new software and knows how to harness technology to accomplish project goals. For this position, the ideal candidate will need to have proven strong interpersonal and management skills, be adept at managing multiple projects, and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Experience managing teams, teaching/mentoring staff, understanding Federal regulations, and handling client requests on short timelines are all pluses.
Ripple Effect is a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is the norm. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team check out the Future Rippler section of our website.
The Scientific Project Manager will be primarily responsible for leading one or multiple of Ripple Effect’s staffing contracts. This person will be responsible for all aspects of project, staff, and client management and will also be expected to contribute and lead a few corporate activities at Ripple Effect.
Specific Duties may include:
- Supervise a team of 10-20 client-site staff
- Provide mentoring and performance feedback to include project management techniques, professional development guidance, and Ripple resources
- Conduct performance reviews and check-in meetings on a regular basis to monitor progress and provide feedback
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures as they relate to best practices for recruiting, hiring, and supervising staff
- Meet with government clients to discuss staff performance and upcoming staffing needs
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with government clients at all times
- Prepare billing items, run project reports, review and approve expense reports, and review invoices and contract documents for government clients
- Spearhead corporate initiatives, such as process and project improvement projects, identify opportunities, develop plans, obtain approval, initiate action, and follow-through to completion
- Develop, write, review, and edit business proposals and staffing plans by taking lead role in writing proposal sections, planning budgets, conducting red team reviews, and preparing reference materials
- Use SharePoint and other technologies to accomplish all tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree or higher in a biomedical science, public health, policy, or related discipline
- 3 years of relevant project management experience
- At least 3 years of direct work experience managing, supervising, and mentoring staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to adeptly work with all personalities, resolve conflict, and reach consensus
- Experience running meetings and leading discussions through to identifying action items and following up on group deliverables
- Proven project management experience with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Experience leading teams to deliver high quality products within project deadlines
- Excellent organization skills with an emphasis on efficiency and attention to detail
- Ability to work productively in a web-based environment, either independently or in teams, to accomplish tasks
- Ability to clearly write and summarize complex information for lay audiences
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to work in SharePoint
- Experience with contracting in the federal government, particularly the DoD
- PhD in a biomedical science, public health, policy, or related discipline
- Experience with business development and proposal writing
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect Communications, Inc. that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!